Monday, April 12, 2010

Bad bad blogger

Ok, so I am realizing that I am super bad at blogging.  Which is weird, because I enjoy sharing, and I enjoy writing, and I enjoy things about me, and this is what blogging is all about.  So I am unsure of my reason of being a bad blogger, but I do intend to do better.

Its Tuesday, which is my official day off.  Today promises to be a delightful day of relaxation and reflection of the activities of recent weeks.  I wish I could share all of the details with you, but I will be able to once I get back to the states and I can share so much more with you all. 

God is teaching me so much every day.  I have wondered at the reasons for being here, the reasons for God has lead me down this path, and while I don't have an answer I do have his promise to grow me and complete what he has started in me. 

As many of you know Thailand is going through a period of political unrest that has recently lead to some violent protestings and sadly the death of 21 and injuries to about 850 people.  It is strange to be here and to know all of this is going on but to not really see much of it.  Bangkok is really a huge city and covers a lot of area and the areas that all of this is happening is far from where we live.  It is near where we do a lot of ministry and so we haven't been able to do that to our usual capacity lately which is a little annoying at best.  We are all praying for this city we live in and love.  Many of our neighbors and friends are affected more than we are, mostly because they know what exactly is going on and are affiliated with once side or the other.  We ask that you keep us and our friends here in Bangkok in your prayers as things grow more and more heated. 

Everything else is going well.  We have had some recent emotional and spiritual growth in our community that I think will lead to us becoming closer as a household and will allow us all to become greater friends and have a greater ability to love and care for each other.  I am excited about where God is taking us as a community and am really looking forward to the next month and a half or so.

We are all looking ahead as our time here is winding down a bit.  I myself have an interview coming up that I am very excited about and hope goes very well.  It is awesome to see where God is pointing us during this time and how this has been a time of preparation and training for the next season of our lives.

Look for a newsletter coming out soon, I recently finished it and my hardworking mother is acting as my publishing company stateside is mailing that out and editing, and printing and doing the hard part for me, and I am so thankful.  I will hopefully get it posted here too!

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!  I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment