Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweet Reunion

This weekend is terriby exciting!  A number of my teammates from Mission Year are coming to visit and we are going to Virginia to see our dear brother and friend, Braxton get married!  It is going to be an awesome wedding, seeing the union of two amazing people is inspiring and beautiful, and I am excited for them. 

David, the one from Texas, got here last night and we already shared some good times around the bonfire with good treats and fond memories surrounded by tons of laughter.  I can't believe how much I have missed him, and having him back for a few days just brought it into the brighter light. 

Preparations for Thailand are well underway.  I sent off my visa application for India yesterday, and I hope really praying that I did it right, I was a little nervous and stressed making sure I did it just the way the instruction explained. 

Thanks so much to those of you have come forward with the books for my reading list, that is a huge help, and if any others have any books they can give or share from the list that would be great. 

I will try and take lots of pictures this weekend and get them posted, and share all the stories of our good times and celebration of covenants and family.  Love you all!

Updated book list:
Chasing the Dragon by Jackie Pullinger
The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey (thanks MY Alum!)
Culture Shock Thailand by Robert & Nanthapa Cooper
Compassion: A Reflection of the Christian Life by Henri Nouwen
Twilight Labyrinth: Why Does Spiritual Darkness Lingers Where It Does? by George Otis
In the Name of Jesus: Reflections on Christian Leadership by Henri Nouwen
Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger by Ron Sider (Many blessings and gifts from the far west ;-))
From Brokenness to Community by Jean Vanier
Companion to the Poor by Viv Grigg
Asian Sex Slaves by Louise Brown
Street Children by Phyllis Kilbourn

No comments:

Post a Comment