Sunday, January 3, 2010

All the children of the world


Hey everyone!  So this is a rare two posts in two days.  I really won't be able to spend that much time here at the cafe cause it costs money, and I have to budget for food and stuff.  But here is a picture of my bedroom, prior to my arrival just cause I haven't taken any pictures yet, haha.  My bed is the one on the right side, it now has my stuff on it, and some trappings to make it feel like home.

This morning I went with Bekah and Tim (Amy stayed at home with the girls cause they weren't feeling well) to Thai church.  I really had so much fun!  Hard to believe since the entire service was pretty much in Thai and I don't know what was being said, but it didn't matter.  It didn't matter because all that did matter is that we were all there as a part of the same family, praising and worshipping our Father who has loved us so perfectly.  We shared a table and the elements of bread and wine to remember the body and blood of Christ that was broken for each of us, and that transcends language and cultural boundaries.  It really was the coolest experience praising together in different words that all had the same meaning, different sounds but the same feeling and emotion.  I loved hearing the Word read in Thai, and reading a long in my bible knowing that someday we would all be together for eternity understanding each other perfectly.  Even though the words were different, we all understood that we were sharing the same thing, and it was so beautiful and simple. 

I am really excited to know that I am going to learn so much this year, that I will be broken and put back together, and hopefully that shape will better reflect Christ.  Today I have mostly spent trying to say and give thanks for this experience. 

I am a little nervous about language school and I ask for prayers that I would be able to learn and pick it up and stick! I have been working a little already trying to pick up things here and there, but school is going to be quick and hard and a lot so I need to be ready!

Anyway, I hope that you are all well, and had a great new year.  I hope to hear from some of you soon, and miss and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment