Saturday, January 2, 2010

And so it begins

Hey hey!

I have landed in Bangkok...  After some long airport hours logged, and some even longer air miles logged, I landed in Thailand this morning and have been trying to take it all in ever since.  It has been a bit surreal with much of the day spent trying to wrap my head around actually being here, and all that I am seeing, hearing, smelling and tasting. 

I have met and enjoyed the company of the Hupe family, and Bekah my fellow intern.  We all spent some time together earlier talking about how things sort of work at WMF Bangkok, what to expect and so on.  In the next few days we will go over more in depth and I will hopefully have more to share and maybe even some pictures.

Right now I am looking forward to starting language classes on Wednesday.  They are said to be pretty intense, and I am sort of nervous about it, and I am trying to believe that God will help me through it and understand and retain the information I am taught so that I can start to communicate for myself! 

We will also be heading to India on January 20th and will be gone for 10 days traveling from Chennai to Kolkotta getting to see the Sari Bari people and meet some other WMF field teams.  Needless to say I am very excited about that.

I am having a really hard time holding my eyes open.  I am trying to make it to 10 pm before heading to bed so that I will be right and not have any problems with jet lag, but since my body is recognizing this as 6:49 am, and in the last 2 days I've had about 5 hours of sleep, it is a serious battle of the wills.  The eyes are starting to burn!

Anyway, I hope you are all well, and enjoy your weekend.  I love and miss and am praying for you!

1 comment:

  1. Ya mama is so glad to hear that the girl has landed. Yesterday seemed surreal to me with knowing you were in the air all day. You are loved on this side of the Pacific and US, and I love you LOTS!

    ReplyDelete