Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh the places you'll go

I am finding it really hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I have been in Thailand for nearly a week. It could be that my mind is not very stretchy right now cause it is full of Thai vowels and vocabulary, full to the point of bursting it seems.


I have been taking Thai language classes for 3 days know, but that really means that I have learned 6 days worth of information. The class is usually 20 days long, but because of our upcoming trip to India (in 12 days!!!) Bekah and I are taking the class in half the time, so 6 hours a day, two days of information in one. Phew. Its going well, surprisingly enough I seem to be picking it up pretty well. Yeah I still sound like a farang and it takes me 10 minutes to say a sentence but I am learning.

So far the food, amazing. It seems like everything I try is better than the last. I really wish I could share the food with you all cause it makes American food look like mush. There have been some issues with stomach aches and stuff, but over all its pretty worth it.

Amy and Tim and Ella and Arielle are amazing hosts. Last night we had a mexican feast (which Amy skillfully prepared) of homemade tortillas, onion, broccoli and tofu chipotle fajitas, mexican rice, black beans and the most amazing chipotle sauce I've ever had. We had some quality get to know you time with a rousing game of 2 Truths and a Lie, and we all learned just a tad too much about each other I think, haha. It was really nice to just relax with good food and friends and have fellowship.

I am not sure really where I stand on the fund raising front.  It has been a while since I got an update and I know there were a lot of donations since the last one.  Just a reminder however that I do need a total of $7,000 for the entire span of my trip.  This goes to pay the rent in our house, my food moneys as well as travel expenses for visa runs.  Please prayerfully consider donating to my fund.  You can either click on the "donate now" button on the right side of the screen, or you can go to http://www.wordmadeflesh.org/ and click donate.  Thank you so much, it means very much to me!

Anyway, its nearly time to get home and hit the books, or in this case the flash cards! I hope you all are well, and I am missing you and holding you in my heart.

Sawatdii Kha.

No comments:

Post a Comment